UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – commonly known as a drone) offer many benefits compared to more traditional surveying methods. Not only do they save on time (and therefore cost of a job), they are an ideal tool for hard to access sites such as quarries, landfills and unstable slopes. A single drone can survey a vast area while keeping our employees out of harm’s way and allowing a site to continue operating undisturbed. Cheal is a CAA Part 102 company, signifying a level of quality, excellence, and adherence to the rigorous CAA standards.
Our clients are utilising drones across a range of activities, including project planning, site mapping, volume calculations, progress-tracking, inspections and more. The on-board cameras provide high definition imagery. They deliver crisp, high resolution photos that show degradation or faults. We can create geo-referenced point clouds and orthomosaics to produce the correct outputs in a file format that is compatible with our clients’ software. We work closely with our clients to help them find the best solution for their project.
Examples of work include:
- Aerial Surveys for volumes of earthworks
- Aerial Surveys for volumes of stockpiles
- Aerial Surveys to get DTM (Digital Terrain Model) and orthomosaics (on big sites, with access issues) for the engineering design of future land development and infrastructure projects
- Aerial Surveys for volumes in landfills
- Monitoring of progress in construction sites and aerial survey at different stages
- Capture of orthomosaics as support for boundary definition
- Roof and structures inspections
- Progress-tracking for clients who are working remotely from the site
- Aerial Survey around power stations for structures inspections, DTM (Digital Terrain Model) and orthomosaics
- Aerial Survey in areas with dense vegetation to determine canopy shape and elevation
- Photos, videos, and spatial data of slips and landslides
- Aerial mapping to detect native vegetation to identify areas of potential planting
M: 021 195 2642 | E: email@example.com